Monday, December 20, 2010

These Are the Days of Our Lives

The girls and I were enjoying a nice Sunday morning yesterday as Casey had gone out to do the rest of his Christmas shopping. We had played play-doh and danced around the living room and all was going well until I made the fateful decision to stop all the fun and start cleaning. Bah-humbug, but it was time to get things cleaned up a little and I had been putting off sweeping and mopping the foyer for a few days already and so it was time. The girls sat on the steps and watched as I swept all the sand up into a large pile. I went downstairs to put the dust pan away and I heard "Mommy, I stuck!" and I went to see what was the matter. As I turned the corner I started to laugh as I saw Kylie looking at me with her head through the railing bars. She has done this a million times before and so I told her to push her head back through, but this time it wasn't going back so smoothly. Her smile turned to a frown and she started crying her eyes out! This made her ever caring sister start to tear up as well and then panic set in with me. I tried to pull the bars apart and push her head through but her head wasn't moving. After about 10 minutes of trying to keep her calm I called Casey who was out at the mall. He told me he would be home in about 10 minutes and to get the vaseline. Just as I went to get the vaseline my phone rang and it was Casey telling me he had called Luke (our next door neighbor, who just happens to be a paramedic) and that he was on his way over. I hung up the phone and Luke was at the door. He rushed in, pulled the bars apart more than I was able to and her head came out! I thanked Luke and he left and all was right in the world again. And so the adventure that is our life continues. Stay tuned to see what the girls (or should I say, Kylie) cooks up this week...as these are the days of our lives...

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Oooh, Kylie ... We miss you guys!!!