Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Little Longer Than Expected

It definitely took longer than expected, but the inevitable has finally happened. Kylie has suffered her first bloody injury. Last night as I was making supper, Casey was playing with the girls in their bedroom. After they had been playing for a while Casey went into our bedroom to watch some tv while the girls continued to play in their room. Out of no where I heard Kylie start to cry (a real cry) and she came running to me in the kitchen saying "my EEEYYYEEE"! I looked and at first I thought it looked like she bumped under her eye, and then I saw the bloody line on her eyelid. Apparently she had been jumping on her bed and somehow bounced off and hit her eye on her night stand. Ironically, Ian had just suffered a similar injury at swimming a couple weeks ago. Andy took Ian into urgent care where they made sure he didn't have a concussion and basically told him to be careful and that was it. Having just had the conversation a couple weeks ago as to whether or not to bring him into the doctor, we knew what we needed to do for Kylie. We put the boo-boo bunny on her eye for a few minutes and then switched over to a wet wash cloth. We continually checked her pupils to make sure she didn't have a concussion and she bounced back quickly. Today, the morning after, she has a pretty healthy lump on her eye along with about a one inch bloody line on her right eyelid, just underneath her eyebrow. She doesn't seem too bothered by it so we aren't trying to make a big deal over it. I'm sure this won't be the last injury for my little daredevil!


No comments: