Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Meet The Teacher

It's Meet the Teacher Day!! Blow the whistles, honk the horns, shout "Hooray!"...OR be the calmest child I have ever seen on any given day. To Camryn, this was just another day. I think we have talked about this day and prepared her so well that she lost all of her excitement for the BIG DAY! But anyway, we picked Camryn and Kylie up from mom's house and headed to Churchill to find out who her kindergarten teacher would be. We went to the gym, filled out a couple of forms and after looking through the packet of information, finally saw that Camryn's teacher was going to be Mrs. Van Vooren! I was excited that she got her because we had spoken with her at the kindergarten kick-off and the kindergarten screening and I could tell that she really LOVES kids. (Her voice is really high-pitched too and she is just a little bit taller than Camryn...we'll see if Camryn passes her up by the end of the school year!) So, we took Camryn to her classroom, spoke with Mrs. V. for a second, got her homework folder, found her cubby and her locker, and took a tour of the class room. Camryn did perk up a little while doing a puzzle in the room. I think she was just taking it all in and trying to memorize everything (kinda like when she listens to a song for the first time, or watches a movie for the first time; her eyes seem to gloss over a little as her mind races to remember every little word or detail). We brought in all of her school supplies so her back-pack wont be super heavy on the first day. We even went outside and explained to her where the bus will drop her off and had her show us how to get back to her classroom. She did great! After we left, we headed to the grocery store to pick up some milk (about 1.5 miles away). She must have exerted all of her energy for the Meet the Teacher Day, because she was asleep before we even made it to 37th St.! I asked her when we got home if she was ready, and she said she wanted to start tomorrow! Can't wait for her first day of school!!

No comments: