Camryn started school on Thursday and everything went great! She got on the bus like she had done it a hundred times before, smiled and waved as the bus drove away. What a big girl, I was SO proud of her! When she got off the bus that afternoon I was so excited to see how her day was, but again, she acted like she had done this her whole life. She got off the bus with a girl who lives down the street, walked past me and started to go home. I called to her to see how her day was, and she quickly turned around, said "good", and kept on walking. What?! I clearly needed more information, so I caught up to her and MADE her sit down in the front yard to tell me more about her day. She gave me a few answers, but really just wanted to go and play with her friends. I let her go, and tried an hour later to get more out of her, but this time I got a reaction that was TOTALLY unexpected. I sat her down in the living room and asked a couple specific questions so that I could get specific answers and to my surprise she started to cry. She told me that she didn't want to talk about her day because it just made her nervous to talk about it. So I stopped and waited for Casey to get home. I let him know about what had happened and not to push it and so he took it slow with the questions. This time she was an open book. She went on and on about her day, how great it was, and how she couldn't wait to go back tomorrow! Those were the words I was waiting to hear! I now know that she just needs a little time when she gets home to put everything together before we talk about it. I can't wait to hear how her first full week goes!
wautoma 2012
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment