This past weekend we went to our friend's wedding and it got me thinking about the day our wedding planning began. Casey and I decided that we were going to get all dressed up and go to a nice dinner. He came and picked me up at my apartment (this was while we were still living in separate apartments/houses in La Crosse) and as he opened up my bedroom door I remember that he had just gotten his hair cut, and he was carrying flowers and a card. After putting the flowers in a vase, we set out for dinner at Seven Bridges restaurant. We had a few drinks and dinner and then Casey asked me if I wanted to watch the sunset at one of the rest areas that overlooked Lake Onalaska. I picked which one and we sat and watched the sunset that will forever be burned into my mind. After a little while Casey told me that he had something for me in his truck and that he would be right back. He brought out a teddy bear that was holding a little purple box. He gave a small speech about how much he loved me and how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I (obviously) started to cry and of course, I said yes! We sat and hugged and kissed for quite some time and then before sharing our news with our friends and family we went and had a drink at River Jacks restaurant. Once we got back to my apartment we told my room mates and then headed over to his house to tell his room mates. We then respectively called our parents. Everyone was overjoyed and we all lived happily ever after...
No comments:
Post a Comment