Thursday, June 11, 2009

No actually means Yes?

It's amazing to me the new things that I learn daily as a result of my children. Today I learned that to a 10 month old, the words, "Kylie...NO!!" actually mean "Yes Kylie, go towards it!" In this instance "it" refers to Bailey's water dish. I caught Kylie in the water splashing around and getting her clothes all wet while Bailey sat idly by, licking the water off the floor. Now, you would think, that at this moment I would have been smart enough to put the water on the counter...but no, I'm just not that smart. I took Kylie away, changed her into dry pajamas and went to throw her wet clothes down the chute. Of course, as I came back into the living room I caught a glimpse of Kylie's foot as she was crawling as fast as she possibly could towards Bailey's dish again. Again, I yelled "Kylie, NO!", but of course that only made her giggle and crawl faster. I caught her just as she was about to start playing in the water again. I'm sure she was thinking the whole time "what a fun game!!". Ah, when will I ever learn?

1 comment:

kyle and robin said...

we play that same game here! isn't it amazing how quickly they can crawl? miles thinks it's funny that our dog runs to the kitchen to "protect" his food/water as soon as miles starts to move that way. so he plays a game with him - crawling 2 steps toward the food and then 2 steps back. poor dog :(