Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kylie's Baptism



This past Sunday (Nov.2, also my parent's 34th wedding anniversary!) Kylie was baptised at Peace Church here in Rochester. It was very special to have her baptised here because this was the church that my dad grew up in, my parents were married in, my siblings and I were baptised and confirmed in...I could go on, but I wont. The outfits and accessories that Kylie wore were also very special to us. She wore two gowns; one that was originally worn by my late grandma 86 years ago (Edna Welke) and the other one worn by my grandpa 85 years ago (Carl Welke) when they were baptised. These two gowns were also worn by my dad and his siblings, all of my Welke side cousins, my brother, sister and I as well as Ian and Camryn at their baptisms!! In addition to the gowns, she also wore the bracelet that I wore at my baptism and we tied the ring that Casey was given when he was baptised to her shoe.



Even though her baptism was done during the contemporary service--or as mom likes to call it "the hootenanny service", it was very nice. We chose Kelly and Tim to be Kylie's Godparents and we were so happy that they were able to be a part of the service.



Camryn and Ian especially liked all the music; we couldn't keep them on the pews and since we were in the front row the musicians got to enjoy all their dancing!! After the baptism we went back to our house for food and cake and to change into some comfy clothes to enjoy the Vikings game.



No comments: