To say that I'm a little stressed these days would be putting it lightly. We started our journey of moving back to the La Crosse area "officially" yesterday by giving my two week notice to my daycare family and putting a "For Sale by Owner" sign in the front yard. We now have our house listed on Craigslist, the Mayo Clinic Classifieds and the sign in our front yard. We are also going to look into putting our house on the MLS system with the hope that we can find a buyer for our house before a realtor finds one for us.
I am still working on finishing up my coding certificate and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will be finished with this semester May 11th. I then have a 4 day internship with OMC lined up for May 17-20, followed up by one last summer class from June 6-July 29. What a nice birthday present, huh?! Because I haven't finished my schooling yet I needed to find a job that will enable me to work down in La Crosse until I finish my program and pass my coding credential test. I started looking a for a job a couple of weeks ago and I interviewed last Friday for a sales floor position with Target in La Crosse and was hired. Unfortunately, because I was gone for 4 years, all my years of service has been for nothing. It's as if I never worked for Target and I am starting completely back at square one. Great. So, although I have a job for sure I am continuing my job search. Currently I am focusing my effort at finding a job at a daycare center so that I can 1) Have a job and 2) have a place to bring the girls for daycare. I'm really hoping something comes up so that I wont be back down to the type of pay I was making back when I was a senior in High School.
We have been planning for this move for a while now and subsequently we have been selling a lot of our "extra" possessions that we wont need once daycare ends. As of this past Friday we have sold our desk, a table and chairs, a 36" tv and stand, a gate, a dorm fridge, our 4 seat stroller, a climbing cube, a super yard gate, and our second oven! Have I mentioned I LOVE Craigslist?! I will be prepping all of the other daycare type items I will be selling for our garage sale May 7th. Hopefully we'll make enough to cover the cost of a U-Haul for the big move!
I hope our lives settle down a little once the house sells and we find a new house! Until then...looks like I'll have to get my hair colored again to cover up all of the gray from all the stress!
wautoma 2012
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment