Sunday, October 10, 2010

They Can't Be MY Children

On Friday night, Casey and I had a rare night out with friends where we went to the Bob and Tom All Stars show at the Mayo Civic Center. The girls stayed overnight with my mom and dad (thank you!!) and Chris and Becky stayed overnight at our house. In the morning Chris and Becky went to Kwik Trip to get some coffee since there is never any here (we don't drink it) and came back with donuts for us. Since Casey had already started making breakfast, the donuts went to the wayside and we ate the pancakes, sausage and bacon. SO, this morning I "made" breakfast for the girls by giving them each one glazer donut, part of a banana and milk. The reaction I got blew my mind. Kylie looked at the donut and asked what it was and then told me icky, and Camryn lowered her shoulders and told me she didn't want to eat this breakfast. What? Whose children are you? I guess I should be proud that my children don't know what donuts are. We very rarely buy them and I guess we don't really need to! After I explained to Kylie what the donut was all about she gobbled it down and Camryn begrudgingly ate hers as well. Maybe they are my children after all!

No comments: