Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Barbie Play Date


This afternoon I was sitting in the family room while Camryn, Bella and Kylie were back in the playroom playing when all of the sudden someone knocked on the front door. I went to see who it was, and it was our next door neighbor, Barb, with her granddaughter, Jessica. As I said Hello, they stood there silently until finally Barb told me that they had come over because Jessica wanted to know if Camryn wanted to come over and play Barbie's with her. I told her I would check.

I went into the playroom and asked Camryn and she looked at me like a deer in headlights. Bella quickly answered that she wanted to go. I told her that she couldn't. Kylie began crying because she didn't want Camryn to go anywhere without her, but Camryn didn't answer. She finally asked if it was the girl who was over at Timmy's house (we were over at Tim's house this past weekend helping him put up a fence in his backyard and the girls played with the little girl that lives next door to him), and I told her that it was the granddaughter or our NEIGHBOR Tim. She then asked if I was going to go with and I said no. Then she wondered if Casey was going with her and I told her no, just her. Finally, after about a minute or two of discussion I told her that they were still at the door and they needed an answer. She said yes!! She ran up to the door, put on her shoes and left with the biggest scaredy-cat face I have ever seen. Sadly, it was very precious and humorous to me all at the same time!

About an hour later Camryn came back home beaming from ear to ear. She told me all about how they played Barbie's and then babies and then cars and how much she really loved going over there and how they have a cool rocking chair for kids and they had a really great treat and she had so much fun she can't wait to do it again...and, you get the idea. Kylie was overjoyed too, that Camryn had come home. Oh how I dread the day that Camryn goes off to school and how it will affect Kylie. My baby is growing up and I'm so excited for her!

No comments: