Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Almost There...

I hate to jinx anything by writing this, but we just may be on our way to being a diaper-free household!! I tried potty training Kylie a couple months ago and it just didn't seem as though she was ready. She would cry whenever I even mentioned sitting on the potty. For some reason, this past weekend, I decided to give it another shot. We tried all day on Sunday and had many accidents, but she didn't seem as resistant to the idea as last time. We gave it another go on Monday and although she had a couple accidents in the morning, she never went in the potty either. After snack I put her on the toilet because she said she had to go. I left her in the bathroom while I went in the next room to do something. As I was just about to go back in I heard her crying saying "I went Mommy!". These were not tears of joy, she was scared to death! I praised her up and down and we even called my mom to tell her. The celebration must have clicked a switch somewhere because a few hours later when I went to volleyball I left her home with Casey and in the hour that I was gone she went on the potty 4 times (with 1 accident)! Today we started training again this morning and we have had ZERO accidents so far! I'm so proud of her, I hope she continues down this path, I would love to be done with diapers...except for daycare, of course!

No comments: