Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cara's Shower

Last weekend Kelly and I hosted a bridal shower at my house for Cara (my brother Tim's fiancee). In case you have been living under a rock or I have failed to mention it, my brother and Cara are getting married in less than 2 weeks! Our family is very excited for this as Cara fits in perfectly to our crazy family (note--I am NOT implying that Cara is crazy, but she has been around all of us long enough to know how crazy we all are and is still willing to join in!!.) Camryn might be more excited than the bride and groom are actually. She and Kylie are going to be the flower girls (with my nephew, Ian being the ring bearer) and has been asking a million times a day for at least the last 2 months when the big day is coming! She can not wait to put on her pretty dress and have her hair done and wear a pretty necklace.

But anyway, I have strayed from my point of this blog...the shower...we had a number of women from our side of the family, along with Cara's mom, Pat, show up and (I'm hoping) a good time was had by all. The highlight for me was one of the bridal games that we played. We divided all of the women up into groups of 3 and gave each group 2 rolls of toilet paper and 3 clothes pins and told them they had 10 minutes to use one person from their group as a model and to make a wedding dress out of the allotted supplies. Now, let me tell you, I was pretty impressed with the dresses and ensembles that these women came up with! Of course I have pictures...

A sneak peak of the design process:

(My Aunt Jean, my Aunt Clarice, and my Grandma)


(My Aunt Lesley, Cara's mom Pat, and my cousin Kristy)


(My cousin Courtney, Cara's friend Kari, and my uncle's girlfriend Angie)


(Cara, my Aunt Sonja and my Aunt Sheila is hiding)


(My mom, my Aunt Sue and my Aunt Jamie)


The final products...pretty impressive!!



















Cara got to be the judge of the dresses...who did she pick? She picked the design team of my mom, my aunt Sue and my aunt Jamie (the middle contestant below).



Thank you to everyone for being such good sports for this game, it was really fun to watch and listen to everyone giggle as they put together their creations!! See you all in a couple of weeks at the wedding!!

No comments: