Wednesday, August 26, 2009

They Grow So Fast!

It's been a little while since I have done an update and so I thought I would share some of the new things that the girls are learning to do and/or say.

Kylie is growing like crazy, I'm thinking she is just really trying to catch up to Camryn! She is still in size 3 diapers, but getting really close to switching up to 4's. She is wearing size 12 month and size 18 month clothes, depending on how much I have shrunk items from when Camryn used them...but seriously, for shirts, she is in 18 mo. because her arms are so long and the same for any onesie outfits, her torso is very long. For her shorts and pants she fits into both sizes and her shoes are size 4. She seems to be soaking up all of the words that we tell her and her favorites right now are "dow" which she uses for up or down, "mo" for more or milk, "uh, oh!" when she wants me to come in and get her in the morning, "ma ma ma" for mommy and "da da da da da" when Casey comes home from work! She has learned how to climb up on the couch, both the upstairs and downstairs ones (which is a very high couch!). She can go up the stairs and down, but we still aren't trusting enough to take down the gate at the top of the stairs! She is just a little too daring!



Camryn is growing into a little mommy. She is very good at helping keep Kylie busy and is always watching out for her. Now that she is the oldest child in the daycare she has really taken over the leadership role and leads play rather than being the follower. She can count to 20 and knows her basics like ABC's, shapes, and colors, but now she is starting to learn her lowercase letters and what numbers come after 20. She loves to read books with Casey and I. Casey and I have really enjoyed watching her "read" books to herself. Since we have read them so many times to her, she practically has them memorized and can recite most pages word for word. Her favorites right now are "The Cat in the Hat", "A Fly Went By", "The Gruffalo" and "The Giving Tree".



It's so fun watching the two of them play together, they truly are each others' best friends right now! We are so lucky to have such wonderful daughters!!

1 comment:

kyle and robin said...

your girls are so adorable!