Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Adventures of Dolly and Camryn



I'm quickly realizing that Camryn listens to EVERYTHING that I say. I don't mean that she does everything that I say, but she hears and soaks up all the words that are coming out of my mouth--she really is a sponge.

This weekend I have spent a lot of time looking like I am busy on the computer, but in actuality I have been listening to what Camryn has been saying. Here is a small sampling of what she has been talking about--most of it is directed at her Dolly...

She picked up her pink phone yesterday and the conversation went as follows..."yeah, this is Camryn. No, I don't want to talk to you. Yeah, uh huh, bye." This conversation was repeated about 3 or 4 times, I guess there are a lot of people out there that are on her bad side!!--I can't wait until she is old enough to talk to her friends on the phone--oh wait, will she have any friends talking like this?

She pulled out her number puzzle to play with her Dolly..."All right, let's take the numbers and put them in. Don't pee in your diaper, oh no you peed in your diaper! Oh no Mommy, Dolly peed in her diaper! And she pooped in her underwear! Dolly, you can't poop in your underwear, you have to do this in the potty." This was a conversation that Camryn and I had about a week ago and she remembered it quite well I must say!

She pulled her dolly into the bathroom to show dolly how to go to the bathroom (because after one week Camryn is apparently an expert). "Now you sit on the potty. Make sure you get it in the water. Pull up your underwear, not too high. Now let's look in the mirror-you are so beautiful! Good job! Uh huh, yeah"--this is her new favorite ending to pretty much every sentence. I wonder, do I say this?!

And finally, Camryn was giving her Dolly a bath in her play sink and out of no where she hit Dolly to the floor as hard as she could! She then picked Dolly up and said she was sorry and asked her if she was all right. Then, Dolly must have been crying and Camryn said "If you cry, you have to sit in the naughty chair" and proceeded to take Dolly over to the naughty chair and make her sit!! --We have told her that if she cries one more time over nothing she will have to sit.

Ahh, I can't wait to see what Mommy Camryn will do and say to Dolly tomorrow, until then I better be very careful about what comes out of my mouth...

No comments: