Casey and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary this past Saturday!! It totally doesn't seem like it's been that long...as mom would put it: 60 months under our belt!! We celebrated by going out to dinner at 300 First (without the girls--a real date!) and then we went to see the comedian Jeff Dunham with Kelly and one of her friends. It was really nice to get away for some adult time alone--special thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for coming over to watch the girls! We finally splurged and bought a large print from our wedding album and had it framed--man do we look well rested in that picture-amazing!
Ok, so now it's time for me to brag about my girls a little...
Now I know that this wont happen again for quite a while, but Kylie is quite the little over-achiever for her age. Last week--when she was 2 1/2 weeks old I was playing with her on the floor over at mom's during daycare. She was getting in some belly time-which she loves-and as I put my hands gently against her feet she actually started to inch her way forward as though she was crawling!! Then, to my surprise she flipped herself from her belly onto her back when I wasn't even touching her. And the best part is-I have a witness! Mom was sitting on the couch and saw both instances--she was speechless.
Now onto Camryn. I'm not sure when she got to be so smart or so loving, but as a mom I couldn't be more proud! Even though I've been spending so much time feeding and holding Kylie, Camryn is not at all jealous of her little sister. She is always willing to stop what she is playing with and put the pacifier in to Kylie's mouth or to speak softly to her to try to settle her down when she is crying. What a big girl! Also, Camryn has become quite the chatterbox. She is now speaking in very large sentences and has even started using cause and effect in her speech.
One more thing--we have another countdown until Uncle Eric comes to visit. In two days Eric will be coming back from Two Rivers to stay with us until Monday when he flies back to Finland. Camryn still calls him her "Eriget" and has been telling me all day, without any prompting, that she loves him. We can't wait to see him and to introduce him to his new niece!
wautoma 2012
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment